Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Party!

Pictures are here! I know it's only been like 3 days since the party, but they are all done and here they are!

It was crazy. After reviewing the 'guest list' I've determined that there were 66 people in my house, with even amounts of kids as there were adults. As I said, CRAZY.
I ended up doing everything last minute (I put my face on like 5 minutes before the first people got there), so a lot of the decorations got left out-massive amounts of spider webbing included :(
I was a wreck when people got there, running around like crazy (no small feat in my little Chinese dress that gave me like a 6" maximum stride) trying to figure out what needed to get done and the best way to do it. Luckily there were plenty of people to help me, or it would have probably been a disaster.
Overall though, I think it all turned out pretty well. The cookie decorating didn't take off really well, and I forgot to hand out my party favors I made for the adults (which worked well-the kid's favors were decorated cookies and only like 5 of them did one)-decorations were slim, but I think everyone had a good time.
Some key points of interest in the photos below: photo backdrop (which turned out WAY better than I had imagined); my (first ever) Trifle (chocolate & Orange-super yummy); Mrs. Frankenstein cake; and the Vomiting Mummy & Pumpkin. I made Amaia's dress and her Trick or Treat Bag (which ended up with a grand total of 5 pieces of candy in it-we only went to like 5 houses though) and all the food.
Oh and a HUGE thanks to Rachel Mower for the AWESOME bows in Amaia's hair. Check out her wibsite: http://princessbows.blogspot.com/
Here is her bag, both sides; the kids playing on the hammock (I stole your picture Sierra-thanks); mummy bowling (which no one played-sad day) and my Mummy ice cream buckets that were going to be homemade 'fog' thingers, except my dry ice managed to evaporate before I could use any of it.
The Pumpkins on the bottom left are the bags that I put the favors into (the chocolate covered pretzels were the favors). In the middle is all the food I had leftover, and on the bottom is all the candy I had leftover.

Here are some decorations-all made by me except for the Boo blocks at the top (thanks mom!)

And here is the photo backdrop-top right has the backdrop alone-pretty cool huh? and on the bottom is Amaia's outfit, front and back. I made Justin's outfit too, but his pants ended up tearing so he changed into these.

Pictured here are some of the friends that came: The Votavas; The Kearns; The Hales; The Shurtliffs; Ruby Linford; Andrew Kearns; and the Larsons
And the rest: The Gessels; the Griffin Kids; the Deans; The Chappells; the Deans 2; The Dockstaders; the Fosters; Todd & Emma Crisp; Joe & Sierra Griffin; and the Greaves

No comments:

Post a Comment