Monday, January 18, 2010

December 2009

Well. December is a lot fresher in my mind, althoug I'm sure nothing too exciting happened ;)

At the beginning of the month we had the ward's Christmas party. Amaia of course ate nothing but the Cheerios I brought her, and was cranky most of the night. Much to our disappointment, she did not freak out on Santa's lap. I thought for sure that with her being cranky already and some strange hairy guy looking down on her, she would flip. Of course I should have known otherwise. Pretty much the only way to freak Amaia out is to put on Justin's paintball mask (or any head covering, I guess) and growl at her.

Christmas was quiet. We didn't go anywhere, and our tree was a 2 foot white pre-lit tree that I got at Walmart for 8 bucks, which we had sitting on top of our entertainment set so Amaia couldn't reach it (for some reason I never got a picture of the whole ensemble, like I had planned). We opened our presents first thing in the morning, which were few since we didn't actually buy any for ourselves this year. After we had a nice breakfast with some friends.

Justin has been doing a lot of paintball this year. His Christmas gift to himself was a brand new paintball gun and accessories (he got me a new iPod touch, since mine was shot. So I guess we did buy gifts, but we didn't do stockings or any smaller gifts or anything. We're pretty much bah humbug over here).

And in case you didn't hear, we are expecting our second baby at the end of July. Our due date is August 5th, but since I will be a repeat c-section, they'll schedule me a week early, which will be sometime in that last week of July. And I apologize for this stupid sideways picture. If I look at it on my computer in the folder or even if I open it to look at it/edit it, it's perfectly normal. But when it was in Picasa editer, and now here on the blog, for some reason it uploads sideways. So I have no idea. But it's just a little blob, with no features, so it's not like you really have to look at it sideways or anything to get the jist of it.


In these pictures, there's Amaia signing 'daddy'; Amaia trying to see what Andrew is having for lunch; Amaia laying in the hammock made by my legs in the blanket; Daddy pretending to sleep with Amaia; Amaia's first ride on her new bike; Amaia giving daddy a bottom lip; and Amaia saying 'thank you' for her 'bug blanket'.


Here is Amaia, with Santa, kissing her baby doll, as a ninja, down on all fours ready to play football with justin (my favorite), sleeping, and ofcourse, being a doll in her Christmas dress. Too bad I couldn't get her to smile when she wasn't holding her teddy and blankey.

Amaia's New Words:
Peach; Juice; I Love You (which she pronounces "I Know". Remember that post a while ago about that? ya. So cute.); Ni-Night....Shhh...; Bike; Blankey (finally blankey has it's own word-teddy and blankey used to be one entity-called 'teddy'); Potty; Thank You (dee dee); Oh My (when you sneeze); "Where'd it/he/she go?"; fish; hot

Amaia's New Signs:

Horse; Dirty; Bird; Juice; Cracker; Potty; Play; Me; Game; Peach; Blankey; fish; hot

Things she can do:

Amaia: Where'd it go?

Mommy: Where did what go?

Amaia: Daddy!?

She now has 3 molars (not really something she 'does', but hey)

Plays football with Justin.

Like in the pictures, will stick out her bottom lip, but usually only in play.

One time Justin was editing his avatar chick on the Xbox and he made her spin around until she wobbled from dizziness, and then it makes this 'wobbly' ? noise. Amaia was in the room, pretended to balance herself like she was dizzy, and made the same noise. Unfortunately, when we went for a re-run with the video camera, all we could get was her making the noise. No wobbling. No fun at all :(

Once upon a time, Amaia used to wipe her boggers and her face every time she got ahold of a tissue or wet wipe. She still does, but for a couple days walked around wiping between her legs.

Loves to plug her ears as a game. Sort of like hide and seek, but with her ears plugged instead of her eyes covered. I pretty much just say the same sort of things (Amaia, where'd you go?) and then she'll pull her fingers out and expect me to say 'boo!'.

If she gets an owie, after saying ow and signign ow, she'll put the injured part (if she can) up to my lips to kiss it better.

She thinks it's hilarious when I sneeze, and will coming running when I do to laugh and say "Oh my!"

Will help put things away, and calls it putting stuff 'back'. She'll say 'back' as she throws the balls back in the ball pit, or whatever else she's helping clean up.

If someone's on her phone for mommy, she has to move my hair off of my ear before she'll put the phone up to it.

When she is looking for something, and mommy is helping, she'll call for it in a sing song voice like she's calling for someone who's hiding.


Here's the video! Some snow, Amaia disappointingly happy with santa, her opening a present, and my favorite at the end, short and sweet, Amaia playing football with daddy.

1 comment: