Thursday, July 22, 2010

Amaia's 2nd Birthday

Happy Birthday Amaia!
I thought I would make this a separate post, so that way I have one less thing to worry about come the end of the month (since I have like 4 days until baby # 2 gets here! maybe less....). I've also 'finished' my busy book. Just need to take photos and then I'll (hopefully) get that posted this week too.

Anyways-back to the party.

We had Amaia's at our house this year. We wanted to do it at the same place as last year, but since I wasn't sure if our friends would be around (plus there isn't much seating for eating there anymore-someone's run off with all the furniture... :)) we just decided to do it here and keep it small (-er than last year).
The theme this year was LADYBUGS! which I think Amaia really liked. She didn't quite get the whole birthday thing at first. Then we went to her friend Kate's birthday party the week before, and that whole week she kept talking about Amaia's 'bo-bay potty'. It was cute.
Here are the pictures (no video I don't think...):

Amaia opening presents

The 'Pin-the-Ladybug-on-the-Flower' Game. We didn't have winners or prizes or anything. And no, Amaia's wasn't either of those two on the yellow (the intended target). She was almost there, but moved it at the last second. Those two in the middle belong to the Larson boys :)

These are just some random pictures-the decorations (what little I had time to put up), Amaia in her birthday outfit that I made. The shirt used to be a onesie that was like 12 month size. I'm sure it would have been just fine if I left it as a onesie and snapped it up, but once I sliced off the bottom and hemmed it up, it definately doesn't fit anymore. Oh well.

Here you see (clockwise from top left): Her birthday outfit, the bean bag toss thinger, the ladybug cake pops that I put in the party favors, the ladybug bean bags that I put in the favors (each had the kid's name stenciled on the black belly), the invites, the pin the ladybug game, the cake, and the little pots planted with flowers that I put in the favors.
Cake time! So Amaia has this little block that is clear on the sides and has a birthday cake with one candle on the inside. She's been carrying that thing around for probably a month and blowing out the candle. I even got her to blow out a little tea candle I had lit for some reason. And then we get to her party. She blew once like way far away, and then kind of flipped when I lifted her up so she could reach-I ended up blowing them out for her. And then of course she ate none of her cake. I'm pretty sure she doesn't like cake or frosting. Definately takes after her dad on that one (brownies she likes though....)

So towards the end of the party one of the ladies there pointed out how my little bean bag toss thing looked like one of those cut outs for pictures. So we put a pan upside down behind it for them to sit on and made all the kids pose with their hands and feet sticking out. Too bad I couldn't get Amaia to smile :( but it's still cute

speaking of bean bag toss, did anyone mention how hard it is to photograph moving objects when it's just not that bright? Usually our camera kicks butt at the whole 'hold-the-button-as-it-takes-a-million-pictures' thing, but it was just dark enough out (we had our party at 5 for a dinner party) that it's all yellow and the action shots got all blurry from lack of light. I'll admit that it's mostly my fault-we could have moved the game, or I could have sat on the other side so I was shooting into the light. But hey-what can you do?
So that's it. Amaia had a lot of fun. She went around all night talking about her 'yeaga bug' birthday party and that all her 'friends tum'. And at the end we all got to go out and see an awesome double rainbow right out front. All in all, it definately went better than last years party. :)
MY BABY IS 2!!! ACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment