Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sidewalk Paint Fun

Amaia had tons of fun playing with the sidewalk paint that we bought. I figured it would be better than chalk, since I didn't think she'd be able to actually draw with the chalk (that and she'd just eat it). I've had it for a while but waited to do this until I could have Justin standby as an official photographer. He was a brat about it though-he took over 400 pictures, and I only ended up keeping about 20 of them. I kept bugging him to "take pictures, justy" so he put the camera on continuous shot and took like a million pictures of the same thing. oh well.

she seemed to think it was soap, and started washing herself in it. It started with her arms...


and then her belly...



and you can see she's completely covered in it-it even got in her hair! silly kid...

even with all the paint out, she still wanted more


I kept trying to get her to look at the camera and smile-but no love there

The colors were blue and pink, but we ended up with a lovely purple color (I'm glad I didn't get out the yellow-it would have made it an ugly color)

The final damage. The best part (for us at least) was taking the hose and cleaning her off! No way was that paint coming in our house. Although now that I think about it, she probably had just as much fun (if not more) playing in the water and with the hose as she did with the paint.

2 comments:

  1. haha so cute!!! That made me laugh about Justin taking the pictures!! Totally him!! :) Amaia is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I have never heard of sidewalk paint -- we HAVE to try it!

    Well, nice to know that it took 400 pictures to capture those great shots. :) She is one cute little girl and the way she didn't hesitate to smear that paint is adorable.

    ReplyDelete