Friday, August 6, 2010

July 2010-2nd Half w Video

*whew* ok. I finally have a minute to get this done. Mom's got Amaia at Chuck E Cheese and the baby is asleep. During the last two weeks of July we had Amaia's birthday party (which I already posted about)....and that's about it. I spent the last half of the month finishing that busy book (which I also already posted about), and getting a few random odds and ends tied up around the house and cleaning the house so it was spick and span before the baby came.I was a wreck because I thought for sure this baby was going to come early-and so did the doctor. Even spending all day Thursday cleaning and vacuuming the house didn't put me into labor. We still ended up going in at 7:30 Friday morning to the hospital.Anyways, here's some of the stuff Amaia's been doing-and this list is a doozy so brace yourself:
*She got a Mr. Potato head for her birthday. Her favorite thing is to take all the pieces, stuff them in the back, and then dump and repeat. If the back door is closed, she'll come ask me to 'open pay-tato bum'. :)
*I think we might have already mentioned this, but just in case-when she helps with the laundry she'll use the dryer sheet to wipe the lint off the lint trap. Only now, she will pull it off piece by piece and shake the lint into the trash can before going back for another piece.
*She started saying 'yes' instead of 'yeah'. Only it's super cute, because she sounds like a mad scientist when she says it, because she draws it all out like 'yeeeeeus'. Add an evil laugh at the end and you get the whole package deal
*She's learned all about traffic lights-she'll tell me 'red dop' when she sees a red one, and 'deen do!' when we pass a green one. And she thinks yellow lights are orange :)
*When it's time for prayers at night (and at nap time too) she'll make us all kneel down. No standing or sitting cross legged (like I tried to do becuase it was getting to where it hurt to kneel). She even makes her teddy kneel down, which doesn't always work out very well.
*We all have heard about how independent she's been, but now every thing is "Amaia do it sulf'.
*Her hair is getting so long that it's constantly in her face when it's left down. So she'll come ask me for 'hairties out of face'. And then once I pull it back, she'll get so excited because "Amaia see now!"
*If I make any sort of pained expression or sound or anything, it's either a) because 'mom back hurt', or b) I need to be more 'pareful' (careful)
*Sometimes she'll come up to me and tell me that she's sick. And then she'll go get 'wrap up bankey' and that makes it aaalll better.
*When she pulls a book off the shelf to read to herself, you can always tell which books I've read to her and which I haven't. Her favorite is the "Hand Hand Fingers Thumb" book, and she'll look at it and go 'dum dum dum' and other stuff like in the book. Then she'll pick up a book I've hardly ever (if at all) read, and she'll just make up the randomest noises, not even trying to look at the pictures and tell the story from that.
*Started walking on her tip toes every so often-even running like that sometimes
*When we go shopping, if she's got her blanket, she'll always ask me to fold it up to make it into a pillow. Then she'll lay it on the handle and lay on it.
*She's such a little pain-in-the-neck sometimes-she'll be just about ready to do something she's not supposed to (like dump her cup out onto the carpet). She'll look at me, ask 'dump it?', and sit there waiting for an answer. And then as soon as I say no, it gets dumped. Grrr.
*This is one of my favorite things that we leraned this month. You know how some kids get a kick out of mom flying the spoonful of mashed potatoes like an airplane and making flying noises, and then the plane lands in the kids mouth, right? Well with Amaia, we do animals. I'll scoop up a bite, she'll pick an animal (say a chicken), and then as I'm flying the spoon to her mouth I get to say 'bak bak, buh-gock!' as it lands in her mouth. She thinks it's hilarious and we can usually get her to eat all her food that way.
*Her favorite song is the "Waving Flag" song from the World Cup. Or as she calls it-the Soccer Ball Song. Every time she's in the car with Justin she'll ask for him to turn it on for her, and then she'll dance all crazy.
*It's not more. It's 'mow-er'.
*She recognizes and can name numbers 1-5, 7, 8, & zero. And the Letter U.
*So this one time, it was like 9:30 in the morning, and Amaia was asking to watch the lion movie. I thought it was too early, so I showed her the minute hand on the clock and told her when it got to the top, that we could watch the movie. Somehow that's morphed into '5 on top', so when she asks for it and I say no, she'll say we have to wait for '5 uh top watch lion movie'. Don't ask where the 5 part came from-I have no idea.
*thank you is now 'kank you'
*So back when we were learning colors, when we would do the 'brights' batch of laundry, I would hand her the wet one from the washer and say what color that item of clothing was, and then she would take it and put it in. Then after we learned the colors, I would just say "Amaia's shirt" or "daddy's sock", etc as I handed her each item. Apparently she got sick of it, because about halfway through the batch one day (and this has happened every time since) she told me 'mommy no talk'. :(
*When she colors with her markers, she'll put the cap on the back end of the marker. She figured that out all on her own, cuz I certainly didn't teach her that.
*Every time she pulls up her underwear and pants, she'll say "amaia pup it". That's her way of saying she wants to pull them up herself.
*a napkin is a 'man kin' and a vacuum is a 'dap oom' and squeaky is 'goinky'
*So one day, early in the moring, I brought Amaia into our bed. She looked out our soaking wet windows and thought it was raining outside, so of course Justin taught her all about condensation. She repeated the word perfectly. Then a few days later, Justin had a bottle of ice water that was all wet on the outside. She points to it and says 'condensation'! Holy crap she sure picked that up fast.
*Every night when we put her in the shower or into her PJ's, she freaks out because she doens't want to put her underwear and pants into the dirty clothes basket. We still haven't figured out what she would rather have us do with them...

Here are the pictures. Some of just Amaia:

Random Pics:




Here is the YouTube link for this month's video:


http://youtu.be/TIlhD9lgU4M


Check back in a little bit for the pics (and maybe video) of Solia's grand entrance!

No comments:

Post a Comment