Wednesday, May 19, 2010

April 2010

Ok so here's April. I'm pretty sure nothing exciting happened. At least nothing I can remember off the top of my head. It's late, so be nice.


Oh ya! We started potty training Amaia! We started probably the 3rd week in April, and she has only had a few accidents since that very first day.


Oh wait-there is one funny story. It goes along with that. So-she won't go on the adult potty. Even with the little seat we put on it. So we have these 2 potties that are sitting on the floor at our house. I only get the car 1 day a week, so I only had to worry one day about her peeing all over, but that also meant that I would be out all day. So I stuck her potty in the trunk, grabbed some wipes and we went. Well. We get to Wal-Mart, I make her pee before we go in. We're in there for about an hour, and we're almost done, and she starts telling me she has to pee. I knew that it was pointless to take her to the public restrooms there because I knew that no matter how bad she had to go, she was not peeing on one of those things, and I was almost done shopping and didn't want to drop my cart, go all the way out to the car, and come back to finish. So, I kept going. I had gotten all the stuff onto the belt at checkout and had started putting bags of groceries back in the basket. Amaia was standing in the basket because she helped me unload it, when all of a sudden she starts saying "Amaia pee dee-dee-dart (shopping cart)". I can't even tell you how much pee there was. It was insane how much she had been holding in there-no wonder she couldn't hold it any longer. She was standing up facing the front and holding onto the back of the chair for dear life-she hadn't budged from the slightly bent over and squatting position she was in when she peed. I felt soo bad-she knew she needed to go in the potty and she was so upset that she peed on the floor and in her pants. For like a week after that (and every time we went to the grocery store after that) she'd always tell me about the time that "Amaia pee dee-dee-dart". Poor thing.



This month Amaia:


Asks for me to hold her-she'll say 'mommy eee-ooo' (mommy hold you) and we'll always wait to pick her up until she says 'mommy ohm-eee' (mommy hold me); says orange (aggie); goes around singing a song that sounds just like the tune of "I love mommy she loves me..." but with her own words; says medicine (shee shee shin) and asks for it whever she gets an owie; won't say prayers unless Teddy is sitting and folding his arms too (we wedge him in between the crib bars so he stays sitting up and then she'll sit right by him); she used to say 'wahw', but now says 'water' the right way; used to say 'paw-eee' but now says 'potty' the right way; she goes around saying gross (dose) especially after she's pooped in the potty; she's starting to name her drawings now-it still looks like scribbles but now she at least thinks she's drawing a butterfly or an airplane; When I sit at the computer to do stuff, Amaia has to have her own keyboard-which she calls Amaia's buttons-and her own mouse on the mousepad; says boogers (boodlers) and sometimes picks Teddy's boogers for him; she likes to feel the 'baby mooming' in mommy's tummy; started saying "Daddy's Home!"-Justin told me he's been waiting 2 years to hear that :); Knows the color orange and can pick the orange one out of a pile of crayons; she calls her food and drinks "amaia's nummies"; every time I ask her if she wants something, like more juice, she'll go "yeah, otay"; by the end of April is pretty much fully day time potty trained!; instead of saying that she pooped in the potty, Amaia will tell me "Amaia Kinky Potty" (stinkies in the potty); she'll come find me and tell me she has to go when she has to go-I don't have to constantly ask her if she needs to go, which is awesome because sometimes I forget that she can't just pee in her diaper anymore; for a little while Amaia thought that 'ring' and 'rain' were the same-she'd point to my ring and say it, but then she would sign'rain' at the same time; if i tell her she has a booger in her nose, she'll freeze so I can pick it, and then she'll say "dose Amaia boodlers"; every time she poops she'll sing a little song "Amaia kinky potty, yay yay yay yay yay"; excited about the new baby and will randomly say 'baby sister!!' all excited like; when someone is crying she'll always get all pouty, and (while signing 'cry') will go "andrew crying" (or whoever) and act so concerned; Amaia thinks that everthing is Mom & Dad. For example, Mom is the pictures of the ladies in our bathrooms, the painting of the African lady with a basket of grapes on her head at the doctor's office, etc. Dad has been George Washington on the $1 bill, a McDonald's Happy Meal toy of one of the blue guys from Avatar, and the Iron Man printed on the side of her sand bucket.


Here are the pictures-there are 2 videos at the end: One is the April video, the other is a video Justin made in like 5 minutes, that you should not watch if you love little kitty cats :)


Easter Egg Hunt:


Amaia Potty Training:












Here is the video via link to YouTube:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm2-4nbyNlA

1 comment:

  1. I like that you are blogging more lately. It is fun to see your great photos and know some more of what you are up to.

    I can't believe you just snuck a tiny picture of your awesome pjs in without even mentioning more about it. It is awesome that you made those! I would have written a whole post about how incredible I am for doing that. :)

    That picture of Amaia and her teddy praying is so cute!

    ReplyDelete