Friday, May 21, 2010

May 2010-1st Half

Ok so here goes our bi-monthly posting-and it's only been 6 days since the middle of the month! I must be slacking off on my other chores, like doing the dishes......cleaning the kitchen....pulling weeds......hmmm. Oh well. This is more fun.
Early on this month we discovered an awesome new source of entertainment: Putting the oscillating sprinkler underneath the trampoline and turn it on full blast. The mesh of the trampoline turns the streams into shorter softer streams of water with a mist. It's so much fun! Justin and I especially love it because it's not like you're getting completely soaked in 2 minutes, and it's so nice when it's hot out. Plus it keeps the grass under our trampoline nice and green (unlike the rest of the yard, which sadly is not so nice or green).
We went to Chuck E Cheese a couple times too. Sarah calls me the day before my birthday and says she wants to take me out for lunch. Well I picked Chuck E Cheese. No laughing. I used to work there, and I loved it. I actually like the pizza there-even though its gross cold. She laughed at me but said OK. We ended up being super late because of Amaia's dentist appt, but once we got there it was nice to have a place to let the kids run around and play while the food was cooking, since it was like already past lunch time for them and there was no way they would have behaved at a sit down restaurant. We got some tokens for the kids, but they mostly just ran around and climed in the rides. We didn't play any games and saved most of our tokens.
Which turned out awesome, because we went back to Chuck E's for Sarah's birthday on Friday! She paid for me on my birthday, and this time I got to pay for her :) We got more tokens with a coupon we had, and a ton of our friends came with their kids to play. This time I actually took Amaia around and let her 'play' the games (meaning she put the 'money' in and I hurried and pushed the button before she could get another one in). We won some tickets, got some cheap prizes, and were home before the kids could throw a fit. It was a blast.
(Silly Tip: if you buy string cheese, at Walmart (at least, not sure about other stores) they sell a pkg of string cheese that's like 'Chuck E Cheese' brand. It's got the same # of cheeses in there, is cheaper than the Frigo brand, or whatever it's called, and comes with a coupon on the back for 12 free tokens, and a coupon for 1 large pizza, 2 drinks, and 33 tokens for 18 bucks. Good deal. And the cheese tastes the exact same as any other string cheese)
So far this month, new things Amaia's been up to:
Has to help with EVERYTHING! I can't do the dishes, laundry, or even pick out her own clothes with out her going "Amaia ulping". She'll throw a tissy fit sometimes if I don't let her help, or do something for her; When she wants me to get something for her (usually it's candy or chapstick, which are in the same place in a cabinet) she'll pull on my legs or my hands and tell me to "mommy out chair". Then when I stand up she'll start going and tell me to "mommy walkin'"; she's also been known to just yank on my neck in the direction she wants me to go, if I'm already standing up and holding her; She remembers the fact that "Amaia's little" and will go around saying it (I told her once she was too little to reach the lights to turn them on); Ask her what a horse says and you'll get a "rush-achoo!"; ask her what a dinosaur says and she'll say "shee-shee-saur, rrraah!"; We've been practicing counting to ten (don't try to tell her that it goes 1-2-3, or she'll get mad. Apparently it's 1-2-5) and when we get to ten I'll ask her "How many is 10?" She'll hold up both hands with her fingers out and yell "Many!!" at the top of her lungs; She finally goes pee on the big potty. haha, finally. She's only been peeing in the potty for like a month now. But it's sooo nice to not have to cart around a little potty and wipes everywhere I go; She knows her friends names and sometimes asks to play with them. Sophie & Chloe are known as 'Yophie & Dote-ee'. Abby & Hannah are "Abby & Nana" (and somehow every little girl she sees at first is Abby). Ian & Joseph are "Awny & dih-dish" (which is exactly how she says 'laundry' and 'dishes'). And of course she's known "Adjoo" for quite some time now; now when she tells me she has to go potty it's "potty 'din" (again); she loves 'this little piggy' and will stick her toes in my face asking for the 'diddle dig' :)

Ha. You thought there would be a video. :)
Well I decided that the videos aren't like insanely long. There were a couple in March that were just insane, like more than 6 minutes each, but a LOT of stuff happended that month. I should have broken them up a little, but too bad for you :)
So you'll just have to wait until the end of the month (or who knows how long it will take me....you know how i've been in the past) to see the videos.




No comments:

Post a Comment