Monday, June 14, 2010

May 2010-2nd Half w/ Video

Oh dear.

It's already time for my June post, and I'm just barely getting around to my May. Oops. Part of the reason (or my excuse) is that I can't sit at the computer for very long anymore-my back yells at me if I do. This post was actually done in 3 steps: I uploaded the video, the pictures, and wrote the thing all on 3 different days.

Anyways...this month we went swimming a few times with the Deans up at Bentwater:
Yes, she's in her underwear in that picture up there. The swim suit (which was size 12-18 months) was literally falling off her little bum, probably because we ditched the swim diapers now that she's potty trained. The underwear kept her bottom covered better than the swim suit did






Some of the things Amaia's been up to:


She asks for me to sing BINGO by asking for 'more doggy song;

She's super obsessed with having a new baby-she'll 'her', kiss her, cuddle up with my belly, and when she thinks the baby's moving she'll lay her head on my stomach. She calls her Baby Sister and gets so excited to go to the doctor to listen to the baby's heart.

When we drive in the car, she'll ask for the sun roof to be open. When we open it she reaches up with her hands, grunts, and claims she 'got some' of the sky. And then, most of the time she'll eat it :)

She gets just as excited over big semi trucks and buses as any little boy I know

We officially graduated Amaia to a twin size bed! The Deans were going to (I think...) give us their two convertible cribs when they shipped off to CO, and that wasn't going to be until the end of July. I wanted to get Amaia switched sooner so there were no hey-baby-you're-in-my-bed problems, so when we got a bunk bed set from the other Deans, we set up the top bunk on the floor and she loves it! She doesn't get out until I come to get her, and since it's a top bunk it's got railing all the way around it so she doesn't roll off in the middle of the night.

Had a phase where every time she would share something (usually sharing her snacks/food with Teddy and/or Blankey) she would go "ohh 'weet" bc I would always say 'sweet' when she shared.

Every time she hugs, no matter what or who it is, she goes 'awwww' for herself :)

She'll run around saying "Amaia Happy Now". One day she was telling me all about how Amaia was happy, and Mommy was happy but "Daddy No Happy Work" :)

When she wants me to sing the "On top of Spaghetti" song, she'll ask for the "Achoo Song"

Apparenlty, a duck says 'kack', and a pig says 'wink', and a monkey says "oo-oo-ah!"

Mom's hair straightener is called "mom's hot thing" and the hair dryer is called "mom's wind"

She'll run around going "Amaia screamin'!" and then she'll go "ah!"

Can say all her colors: Red Orange (utch) Yellow, Green (deen) Blue Purple White Black Gray and Turquoise (geekle-daise)

Only recognizes (like if I ask her what color something is): Blue Red Yellow and Orange all the time-every once in a while she'll get a different color right, but NEVER gets green right.

We taught her her name-If you ask her "What's Your Name?", she'll answer "Amaia". I was getting sick and tired of people asking her what her name was and since she didn't know I would have to answer...

For a week or so after we went swimming she kept saying "out buddy buddy water" (every body out of the water) even though no one ever said that while we were swimming...

As you can see from the pictures, she loves swimming. She gets to excited to play in the water. We just have her using arm floaties now and she loves to steer herself and kick her feet to get around.

Can count to 3 on her own (see in the video) and if you help her count to ten, she'll get to 3, and then knows 5, 9 and 10 :)

Enjoy the rest of the pictures, and sorry the video is sort of long this month :S





Here is the link to YouTube for the video this month:


No comments:

Post a Comment