Monday, May 17, 2010

Cruise to Mexico-March 2010

Go ahead and be shocked-yes I am actually getting two whole posts out in one day! Here is the low-down about our cruise.
From the March post you learned that I dumped Amaia at Justin's parents house. It was good to see my parents and his parents even though it was just a short trip. At least I was able to drop Amaia and not worry about her. Doug and Jo had 2 of thier kids (and resulting grandkids) living with them at the time, so Amaia had 3 little friends to play with and distract her from missing us too much.
We went on this cruise with 4 other couples from our ward: The Hales, Kearns, Chappells, and the Griffins. It was so much fun to get to know them better, and after this I'd never go on a cruise as a couple. We'd have been so bored if we didn't have those guys to hang out with in between the on-board entertainment and the all you can eat buffets.
The cruise left Saturday, and let's get real here, I don't remember what happened when and I'm sure you don't care. But, there was an awesome talent show, where 3 of the guys from our group performed a choreographed dance to the "My Little Buttercup" from the 3 Amigos, Karaoke night-where all 5 of the boys got up and performed "I Will Survive", miniature golf up on the top deck, formal dining for dinner, a formal night where we all got to get all dressed up in our fancies and take pictures. Lucky for me the dress that I wore to 'Chevron Prom' rigth when I found out I was pregnant with Amaia still fits-even though I was 3 months pregnant with #2 on the cruise!
We played lots of games: card games, board games, maffia games where the boys somehow ended up shirtless (don't ask me...) and it was all just a blast!
At the very end of our cruise we got stuck on the boat an extra day. We were supposed to debard on Thursday, but we woke up (all packed and ready to get off) to find out that there was so much fog you would't have been able to see anything off the side of the boat if there had been anything there to see! We got a whole extra day of cruise, but it would have been nice if we were told from the get-go that we would be staying the night. We ended up just sitting in one of the lounges with all our luggage waiting for the all clear (they kept telling us it would just be a couple more hours, over and over). That way we could have put our stuff back and actually done something. It was good to get an extra day of kid-free & free-food fun, even though some of us were having a hard time with the kid-free part. We'd been away from them almost a week! The longest I'd gone without Amaia was overnight the weekend before the cruise when we left Amaia with the Hales as a test run. Plus, we knew that Doug and Jo had gotten into Houston Thursday morning and were just sitting at our house waiting for us to come home.
But anyways, here are the pictures and a video at the end!
These are in alphabetical order based on the file names I gave them, not in any way the order they were taken or what not.
Still shots from the 3 Amigos dance:

The Water slide on top of the boat (the took out the volleyball courts for the slides. Good trade, or no?)

The boys playing shuffleboard:



The formal night pictures-I dressed up two different nights-that's why we're in there twice with different clothes on:



Pictures from Progresso: We had too much fun lounging around on the beach getting massages that we didnt' really take too many pictures:



Pictures of us "off the boat":



Pictures of stuff with no people in them:



Still shots from the karaoke-including one of Jay, the DJ who was probably not straight and at the end of every song would go " Two words: Absolutely brilliant". And you must say it in the most homo voice you can conjure. I know it's not PC to say that, but I'm not kidding.



Justin had fun with some long exposures in the crappy lighting while we dealt cards:



Pictures of us playing games:




Pictures in the crazy fog:



Pictures from Cozumel:



Pictures of us and the Kearns at the pier in Cozumel:



Pictures of us at dinner. And as I look at this I realize I should have put this picture at the beginning, or at least at the top of the pictures, but no way am I going to move it all around now:




And the video: Some Karaoke and the whole 3 Amigos Skit-link to YouTube:


No comments:

Post a Comment