Friday, June 24, 2011

March 2011-2nd Half w Video

Justin's parents came out for a visit-they stayed for about a week and a half. On the first Friday they were here, Justin, Doug and I went to go see the Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre. We had some awesome seats right in the middle front section. We left the girls with JoAnn, who survived (thank goodness).
Saturday we went downtown-we were going to go do something.....(crap-I forgot what it was) but both of the girls were burning up and lethargic and icky (of course we travelled all the way there before they got sick) so Doug and Jo did the basic sight seeing around London while Justin and I took the girls home.
On Sunday we took the Eurostar to Paris and visitied Notre Dame.




On Monday we visited the Louvre Museum (which is ginormous...)





Tuesday, we hopped in a car and drove North towards the coast, stopping along the way at Normandy.



When we got to our hotel, it was late, so we just went to bed. But hold that thought just for a minute...

The next day (Wednesday) we went to visit this place called St Malo. It's like a castle, with a small city built around it, on a giant island/harbour. What's craziest about this place, it it's a real town-not just a tourist trap. This place is small-like the size of a neighborhood in the States, but it's got stores, churches, the castle of course, schools for the residents, and of course, all of their houses/apartments. It was so interesting to see the kids on their way to school all mixed in with tourists and souvenier stores.



One of the craziest things about this place was the tide. We got there as early as we could, and stayed as late as we could (even though it was raining and freezing) so we could see this (you might want to open the picure larger):



Those tide changes happened all in one day! Every day! Isn't that insane?

On Thursday we spent the day walking around our hotel.....wait what? Sounds boring right?

Except when your hotel is at the base of this castle!



It was pretty sweet-once again this whole little place is surrounded into it's own little community, except this place actually still has the "hi I have a chamber pot under my bed" feel-it still felt very mideval and stuff. Not that it smelled.....





We didn't go home after this, but since it's the last day of the month, the rest will come next post. Sorry!

Solia:

*Solia can wave good-bye. She always waves at Amaia as we're leaving her for her nap
*Solia can say Dadda-she looked right at him one day and I swear she said "Hi dada!"
*Solia can officially crawl on her hands and knees, and go up stairs. She also cruises along on the furniture.

Here are some pictures from walking around Paris:













Here are some pictures of the girls-the ones that didn't make the cut for the 365:





Here is the first set of 365 pictures:




Here is the second set of 365 pictures:






Amaia:




*She likes to go around saying "wait, what?!?"

*She's gotten rather bossy lately: "DON'T talk to me about that" or "I told you I wanted that!" or " Don't look at me!" etc

*Amaia does this awesome crazy face (which you can see up in the top right corner of that collage)-if you ask her for the crazy face that's what she gives you.


Here are some random pictures I had...




So, instead of uploading the videos to the blog (it takes forever and then I have to dumb them down, and you can't see them for crap, etc) I've just started uploading the videos to YouTube. You might have seen my post that says I have a link to YouTube on my sidebar-well I deleted the link. It takes you to my channel on YouTube, but since I've listed all my videos as 'unlisted' they don't show up on my channel. The only way to view the video is with this link (which you can copy/paste if you want to forward to anyone):


I'm in the process of uploading the previous blog videos-so far all I have are Jan, Feb and March of this year. I'm thinking I might add links to each specific video on the sidebar once I get them all uploaded, other wise you'd have to go find the specific post to watch it....we'll see.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment