Monday, September 28, 2009

Mommy..Finally!

"Uh oh Dada" was her first ever utterance.

Then came 'Daddy!'

Next was signing 'dad'.

Now she FINALLY recognizes me! You'd think she wouldl learn all the ways to say mom first, since I'm with her all the time, refer to myself in the 3rd person, and she screams every time her daddy picks her up when I'm around, or even if he hugs me....but it's taken this long for her to get it.

Finally though, and all in one night, I got her to sign 'mom' and say 'mommy'. It sounds more like she's saying 'mee-mee', but I know ;)

We were playing Xbox in separate rooms and I (naturally) was completely ignoring her as I was deeply involved in my little gaming world, and the next thing I know Amaia has crawled onto the couch (also another recent discovery) and is climbing into my lap, all up in my face, pulled off my headphones, giving me a HUGE bear hug, and going 'mee-mee, mee-mee'. I about cried. Of course I dropped everything and hugged her and covered her in kisses (probably too many for her liking). We managed to get her to do it again later in the night-video follows:


No comments:

Post a Comment