Thursday, September 8, 2011

June 2011-1st Half

Well, since we still have no camera (Justin will probably get one in November when he goes out to TX-it's like a 1000 bucks cheaper to buy it there than to buy it here) all the pictures are few and crappy.


Well, all those have captions. Hope you can figure it out :)

As for Amaia:


Here she is glueing fabric, painting, and shaking up chicken for dinner :) What a cutie pie.

*Amaia likes to exclaim "Whoa Holey Moley" and "Holy Nelly"

*When Amaia is 'in trouble' or I catch her doing something she's not supposed to, she'll start going "Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry sorry sorry" like over and over again. Even sometimes if it's something as minor as dropping her spoon on the floor.

*Amaia's started running around the house saying things from the Disney movies she watches. Lately, it's been Emperor's New Groove, so I"ve been hearing a lot of "I snatched you right out of the air!"

*When Amaia gets mad, she say "Dosh Dangit!"

*Amaia's started turning into a little mommy: she'll find her little stuffed animals and toy baby dolls, she'll nurse them, change thier diapers, burp them, and even put them in 'time out' for hitting her.

*When Amaia puts on her shoes, she'll say she can wear sandals if she has 'regular feet'-as opposed to feet with socks on.

365 Pics



More 365 Pics (with the first half of Spirit Week! Didn't plan that very well did I...?)





Some not-365 pictures...mostly outtakes :)




And once again I didn't get any good pictures of just Solia. I know, I know, I'm a terrible person. But this darn point-and-shoot camera does not take pictures of moving babies-at least Amaia will pose for me every once and a while.




Solia:


*Solia can sign Daddy and say Dada at the same time. Still no mama (signs or words) unless she's super sad and needs me to hold her.


*Solia has sworn off baby food-I pretty much don't even bother anymore and just give her what we eat for dinner.
*Solia is trying to sign 'more' but isn't very 'fluent' at it yet. She signs it by stabbing one thumb into the palm of the other hand. (What's interesting is when Amaia was learning signs, she signed 'more' by stabbing her forefinger into the palm of the other hand)


*Solia is getting to the point where she gets pretty darn upset when you either take toys away from her, or don't share what you are playing with. Before, she'd just go find something else, but not anymore....


*Every day before her 2nd nap (since I don't nurse her before that one) I read the Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb book. Every day as I turn the last page, she starts crying before I even get anywhere near her bed


*Solia's 'calming' song this month-Scooping Up My Baby Bumble Bee


*Solia took her first steps! Not quite walking by any means but she has officially taken steps! So Exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment