Tuesday, September 6, 2011

May 2011 1st Half

Ok, so nothing super exciting happened this month....well, I turned 24. But I'm pretty sure I made my own brownies that night, so not super exciting.

HA! Just kidding.

Our car got stolen!

Yea, I'm sure every one has heard all about it by now, but here goes the grand final journey of our BMW.

It was a 'holiday' (read: 3 day weekend) and we went over to the Leisure Center-or a Recreation center, as you yankees call it. It's right down the street and around the corner from our house, which is in Brentford, which is *apparently* not the nicest area, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, the Leisure Center has a super small parking lot, and because it was a 'holiday', everyone was there and the lot was full.

So, we park here at the red arrow. Note how flippin' far away this is from the circled leisure center-and follow the yellow line to see how long of a trip it would be to get from said center, to said parking spot.




So, Justin drops us girls off at the door, and drives all the way down there to park and then comes back. By the time he got there, we had all changed and had all of our clothes and stuff in one locker. Justin comes in, and he puts his phone, the CAMERA (yea I don't know what we were thinking with that one), the car keys, his shoes and sweater (it was cold out) and the key to our first locker inside. Thay way we only have one key to hold onto.

Fast forward to when we get out-about an hour later. We go hang out in one of the family changing stall things while Justin goes to the locker to get our stuff-he comes busting in-says something about the car, tosses me the key to my locker, and takes off.

Um, what?

After like 5 minutes of just standing there waiting for him to come back, I go out to our locker-and saw his locker right across from ours. It had been busted open with a crowbar or something. The pieces of the locking mechanism were all over the floor and inside the locker.

Did I already mention that this place was PACKED and that there is NO WAY that nobody saw this person breaking in? Jerks.

So I grabbed our towels, and went back to the stall with the girls and shivered. When Justin comes back, he tosses us the rest of our stuff, says "cars gone-I'm going home-take a cab home" and takes off. WHAT. Really? I have no phone (left mine at home), no wallet (left it at home), no phone numbers of anyone in the ward (which are all on my phone), and two wet babies.

After a slight meltdown in the (thankfully very loud) changing room, I managed to get us all dressed. Then we went upstairs and stood around like idiots in the reception area of the rec center. Like I said-I have no way to call or pay for a cab. It's close enough to walk, if we had the stroller or we werent' all soaking, or if it was just a nice summer day (ha!). After like 5 minutes of me crying my face off some lady actually comes and asks if I'm ok (remember Justin is on his way home 'just in case' the car theifs decided to go raid our house with the address in the glove box and house key/garage door opener in the car too)-of course I"m not ok.

Anyways, turned out Justin got a cab for me, so we got home (the cab driver actually had the gall to hang around and wait for me to pay him or something even though it was like a 5 minute ride and he knew I had nothing).

We get to the office at the neighborhood and have to hang out (it's now past lunchtime for the girls, and we're still all wet) waiting for the locksmith to come let us in the house. After hearing it was going to take at least an hour, Justin decides to try another tactic.

He goes to the next door neighbors house and we crash there for a while. The girl there (about my age) was super sweet-made lunch for Amaia and let us use her phone and computer to cancel credit cards and stuff.

Anyways, we got bored of waiting around, so Justin goes to the top floor of the house, out onto the balcony, and climbs over the roof to our balcony (which we thankfully had left open). Before anyone freaks out, these houses are all connected so it's not like he jumped or anything insane, but it was 4 stories high. I wanted to do it, but Justin said no :(

We had the locksmiths come, the cops came and did a whole report thing, and then nothing. We never got it back, or heard from them.

The weirdest part of the whole story though? They didn't even both to look in our locker or take our clothes/towels-it was still locked- and they left Justin's shoes for him.

Things that were stolen (along with the car): our super nice camera(with the camera bag and charger for the small video camera); Justin's iPhone; keys to house and garage door opener; both carseats; Amaia's Teddy & Blankey and Solia's blanket; some random toys that we'd left in the car; and the GPS.

Moving on.

Some things about Amaia:

*She has a new awkward move, where she just puts her hands up and shrugs her shoulders. It's pretty much like an "I dunno" shrug, but more quarky and she does it when she feels embarassed.

*Before I put Amaia down for a nap, or to bed at night, I tell her a story. Then we'll do 'letters'. I ask her what letter is for "Penguin" and she says P-then she picks a word and I have to guess. Usually the words she picks are from the story we just told, so it's good to hear she's actually understanding my storytelling :)

*When Amaia is talking about different times, she says tomorrow as "teh-morning", "teh-later" "teh-night"

*If Amaia holds her hand out to you, or you to her, she'll say " I trust you!" or "Mommy's trusting me!"-ever since she watched Aladdin and he holds his hands out to ask Jasmine "Do you trust me?"

*Amaia has hit the WHYs. Ack!

*If I call Justin 'Justy', Amaia will yell "It's CAPTAIN, not Justy!"

*Apparently (as you'll see in the video next post) its "Blankey and Teddy" NOT "Teddy and Blankey"

*If I go to call her out on doing something bad, she'll always go "Why you yellin at me?" no matter the tone of voice I'm using


Here are some photos of Amaia using my bikini bottom as a baby carrier. She's carrying around her Timmy toy and at one point pretends to nurse him. The little thing in the bottom left and right photos is a little ride at the mall, that actually has a tv screen built into it in front of the child so they can 'watch' where they are going (shown better in the bottom right photo).

365 Photos-set 1:




365 Photos-set 2:



Some random photos of the girls together, including a photo of Amaia's first "signature" on the top right:







Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Solia alone this month. It has a lot to do with the fact that our camera got stolen so we had to use our point and shoot camera for all the 365 pictures. Because of that, I pretty much only got the camera out for the 365 pictures.



Anyways, Solia this month:





*The song this month that calms her is "Pat a Cake"



*She can drink from a sippy cup now



*Solia can finally back herself off of the furniture now instead of falling off or being stuck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment