Thursday, September 8, 2011

May 2011-2nd Half w Video Link

Well, to finish off the story from last month:

We had been paying for the insurance with our cell phone plan, just in case something happened. Like the phone getting stolen. You know. Routine stuff, right.

They won't cover it.

Why? Because Justin took out the carrier's sim card and replaced it with his work one. LAME. I can see how it makes sense, but still.

On a better note, we got reimbursed by our car insurance company. We got a check for more than we paid for the car in the first place. In that was 150 pounds reimbursement for personal items stolen in the car. We also got two 100 pound vouchers to replace the carseats, but still ended up paying like 30 pounds out of pocket for those. What's nice is we pretty much have the same ones we got before. The only bummer, is that in the UK the Graco brand seats only hook into the car via the seatbelt-they don't come with any of the anchor systems. We didn't figure that out until it was too late though.

We are going to wait to replace our camera until Justin goes to the states in November-it will save us almost a thousand bucks as opposed to buying (the exact same thing) over here. So for now, all our 365 pics (and others of course) are taken with our point and shoot. Which is sad, but oh well.

Solia this month:

*Solia is into games lately-she'll cover her face with her blanket for Peek a Boo and she likes to play tug of war with her blanket (she thinks it's hilarious when I let her win)

*Solia is NOT ticklish. I'm not sure if we mentioned this before, but she will NOT laugh when tickled. Unless it's Amaia tickling her. I'm not sure how that makes her laugh, seeing as Amaia goes in like the kalima-heart-ripper-out-guy from Indiana Jones, but she does. She also laughs if I chew on her ribs.

*Holy-Solia FINALLY sleeps through the night. I thought Amaia was bad, not sleeping through the night until like 5 or 6 months. But this was ridiculous. I would try the sleep training, but then things just kept getting in the way and I kept having to start over. But we did it!

*Solia is obsessed with trash cans and toilets. The two grossest things in the house, and if she can, she'll play with them. All of our trash cans are up high and we have to keep the bathroom doors shut.

*Solia LOVES the bath and playing in the bath, but she HATES getting rinsed off after I wash her.

*Solia says Dada and can sign Daddy

*When Solia wants to give hugs, she lays her head on your chest. If she is giving kisses, she'll lay her face on yours.

*She likes to stright up drop food onto the floor from her high chair. Apparently, it's totally funny.

*She can't sign food yet or say it, so when she's hungry she'll just scream. Then I'll ask her if she wants food, and she immediately stops screaming and just stares at me until I take her to get food.

*Solia waves good by and says 'ba ba' while waving

*Solia can roll her Rs and likes to go "ah! ah! ah!"

*Solia has hit the "I don't like baby food" stage. She refuses to eat unless she's putting it in her own mouth.

*Solia can go backwards down the stairs now

*Solia is very possesive of Mommy-if I go pick up Amaia for anything, Solia will come running and screaming from all the way across the room.



Solia had her first little trim (not a hair cut).

365 Pics



More 365 Pics




Amaia this month:

*We've discovered that Amaia doesn't like jam or honey on her toast or on PB sandwiches.

*When Amaia gets mad she likes to say "I'm so pissed off" (yikes!)

*Amaia calls everything 'stupid' (yikes again!)

*When she prays, she closes the prayer like this "In the name of Jesus-Amen!"

*When she's surprised, or whatever, she likes to exclaim random things, like "WHAT the HECK!", or "WHAT on EARTH!" (with the caps words super emphasized)

*Amaia has turned sort of bossy. She'll always call us out for talking with food in our mouths, or for yelling in the house, etc

*Amaia always helps me with everything, but especially with cooking dinner. She loves to sit up on the counter and help me dump the ingredients in the bowl or pan, and help me stir it up. She gets really upset if I say she can't help or if I do it without her.

*Justin will ask "Who do I need to spank?" Amaia will say "ME!" so Justin will give a few 'spanks' (pats) on the bum. Then he'll say "Why did I need to spank you?" and she'll say "Just in case I do stuffin' bad" (see the video for a reenactment)

*Amaia says thank you for every single little thing I do for her (and she says it super sweet like it was the most important thing in the entire world that I got her a tissue for her boogers, or whatever it was), but she still demands things from us without using a pleasant voice or saying 'please'

*Since I didn't have a "Kids Say" installment lately, here are some things I have written down that were 'the darndest things':

-I want to drink apple juice cuz I need to have lots of en-der-gy

-Mommy: I'm cold!
Amaia (with her arms out for a hug): I know it's cold Mommy, come 'ere Mommy, come 'ere....



Here is Amaia doing some crafts: shaving cream marbling, and the rubber band snap painting. The crazy picture bottom left is her 'earrings'-these little koosh type worms we got at a souvenier shop with these loops on the end. Don't worry, they are attached around her whole ear, not the earring itself. Or at least, that's where I put them. It may have slipped while I was trying to take a photo with my crappy camera.



Here are some pictures of the girls that didn't quite make the cut, but are still cute.



Amaia's art, clockwise from top left: rubber band painting, shaving cream, potato stamping, shaving cream again, and pipe cleaner & bead catterpillars.


Lastly, the link to YouTube for the video. Like I've mentioned, the quality is just terrible when I upload them to the actual blog, hence the link.




Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. You do such an incredible job on this blog, you know that? I am totally impressed.

    All that crap with your car is insane. I can't believe someone followed Justin all that way and took all that stuff. Except the shoes? Weird.

    Miss you! It's finally cool enough to go for a walk, and I wish you were here to walk with me!

    ReplyDelete