Wednesday, September 21, 2011

June 2011 2nd Half w Video Link

Well, guess what? We got a new awesome camera!

I know, right? We weren't going to have one until November. BUT, Justin's boss from Houston was coming to London on a business trip. The Kearns (across the street buddies from our ward in Texas) bought the camera, somehow got Justin's boss to have it, and when his boss flew out to London for a meeting, he brought it with him. It was an awesome surprise. (Sorry if I totally botched that story, guys. I tried to get Justin to re-tell it to me so I could get it right, but he never got around it so I decided to make it up as best I knew).

Well, the pictures from this post are mostly still from my point and shoot camera. As awesome as I claim my memory is, I honestly don't know what exact date it was that I was surprised with a new camera. But, according to the "date taken" info for pictures I have, I can tell it was either the 27th or 28th. Meaning that there are like 4 pictures with the new camera. Well probably more, since I fire that thing off like a machine gun. But point being, most of this month is with the crappy camera.

Anyways, Amaia this month:

*As you will see in the video, Amaia likes to give "hard kisses". But she often gives super soft and sweet ones too, which just melt your heart. Check out the picture down there of her giving "hard kisses" to one of our friends from the ward :)

*So, since I try not to get into power struggles with Amaia, I've taken to giving her two choices, up front. Like, you can choose to clean up your toys, or you can let Mommy clean them up and they might not be available next time she wants to play. So I'll always make sure I say "Here are your two choices". Well, lately, she's started telling me what MY two choices are, like "You can give me some chocolate, OR, you can give me a piece of gum". And she always makes sure to tick off the choices on her fingers as she lists them

*When Amaia gets upset, she'll talk and yell at us through her teeth. It's pretty funny, because she also leans over quite dramatically. Too bad I don't have a picture....

*Amaia loves to dance around like crazy, mostly with out actualy music, but accompanied by her own singing-mostly made up jibberish with random phrases of 'real words' thrown in every once in a while

*If one of us does something she doesn't like, she'll get all huffy and say "How dare you?" just like Jasmine does in the movie 'Aladdin'

*When Amaia gets mad (I feel like I've said that a lot this post....) she does this really funny exasperated sigh+growl thing. You'll have to watch the video for a reenactment. She usually does this when she's upset with Solia for messing something up, or taking away something.

*I asked Amaia a few random questions about her favorite stuff. Here are the results:
-Favorite Color: Pink
-Favorite Fruit: Grapes
-Favorite Animal: Lion
-Favorite Movie: Emperor's New Groove
-Favorite Game: Soccer
-Favorite Toy: A brush
-Favorite Bug: Ladybug
-Favorite Drink: Apple Juice






So, one day, I'm laying on the floor, playing with the girls. I was by the couch, and Amaia was on the couch. Amaia jumps. Right. On. My. Face. No kidding. Look at these pictures. Just her bottom (she had soft stretchy pants on-nothing metal like on jeans) and it was her butt that hit my face. Yet after just a few minutes it was already bruising up (bottom right middle pic).



After an hour or so, you can see what it looked like in the top left. It was there for at least a week. Also in those pictures you can see the Sonic Flag and the Sega thing from Justin's office-He works in the Sega Building. If you look in the second 365 collage down there, you can see a picture of the girls in front of a huge Sonic mural on one of the floors of Justin's building.


Solia (yay I have pictures!):

*Solia can walk! She usually gets between 4-6 steps before flopping down on her butt.

*Solia loves playing peek a boo, wether with her blanket, the curtains, or even her own shirt lifted up over her face.

*Solia loves to talk on the phone, using anything from a real phone, a TV remote, an ipod, etc. She'll pick it up, put it up to her ear, and grunt at me until I find something (or use my hands) as a phone and talk to her on my 'phone'

*When Solia says Mom, Dad, or Amaia it all sounds the same-Dada. Nice.

*Solia can roll her tongue, and she'll just walk around rolling it while she plays. It sounds just like the low purr of a large cat.

*Solia is terrified of balloons. In particular, latex gloves that have been blown up into balloons.



Some 365 Pics (with the rest of Spirit Week! I really liked how those turned out....we still have the spirit week sign on our wall heehee)



More 365 Pics







Here is the link to the video for this month (on YouTube):



No comments:

Post a Comment