Sunday, August 26, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things {15}

*Amaia (showing me some play dough snakes she made): Look Mommy!
Me: Argh!!! (Fake screaming in terror)
Amaia: It's just play dough.....

*Justin and I were discussing how he never changes diapers and Amaia says "When you used to be a girl, you used to wipe bums"

*Justin and I were talking about whether or not it was OK for babysitters or grandparents to spank your kids. Justin starts to say "I never spanked when I baby sat" and Amaia interrupts and says "You WILL-when I do something bad"

*Solia was crying, so I go to pick her up consoling her with a "Oh Solia, my sweet..." and Amaia yells "No! She's MY sweetheart!"

*(So, if you didn't see the first September pics, we melted a giant nasty orange slug in our backyard with some salt. It was gross. So I see a snail on a leaf, and it was huge, so I say to Amaia)
Me: I want to go get him
Amaia: Why
Me: So I can put him in a jar for you guys to look at
Amaia: NO! You need to melt him with the salt like Daddy did! Go get the salt!!!!!!

*So in the mail one day we got a club card statement from our Tesco (grocery store). We also got some other piece of junk mail or a bill, or something. Amaia says "This one says 'Welcome to Tesco' and this one says 'Welcome to your credit card'"

*Amaia wanted her "present" (which was a new pair of headphones) so I told her
Me: You can only have your present if you let me plug your iPod into the computer for a few minutes (she didn't want to give it up)
Amaia: Why, so you can download my present?

*So I had made Amaia some clothes for her teddy bear, and among them was a skirt, complete with a tail hole.
Amaia: Mommy, why is there a hole in this?
Me: For Teddy
Amaia (who's really mad now): WHY?
Me: Because Teddy has a tail and it needs to go through the hole
Amaia (really softly now): Thank you for putting a hole for Teddy

*The girls are in the bath, and Solia sneezes. She'd been kind of sick and boogery so I ask Amaia
Me: Amaia, does Solia have a booger on her face?
Amaia:It's ok, the water will just was it down
Me: I know, but does she have a booger right now?
Amaia: No, the booger is just laying down because it's tired

*After the girls got immunizations, Amaia was showing Justin that "This is where the doctor gave Solia a 'kill' (shot)"

*Amaia (after buckling up her booster seat): I buckled-say 'thank you for buckling' Mommy
Me: Thank you for buckling
Amaia (super sweet voice now): Thank you for saying thank you!

1 comment:

  1. These are hilarious. You've inspired me to keep track when we have kids :)

    ReplyDelete