Sunday, August 26, 2012

September 2011-2nd Half w Video Link

(Amaia's candy land ritual circle, a funny gang sign, bow on her head, listening to new headphones, and "don't take a picture of me!')

(New hair cut, reading in the pack and play for 'quite time' since she quit naps, on the trampoline, and a pose from their freeze dancing)
*Every time Amaia has to go to the potty, she asks everyone to come watch her
*Amaia is always telling us about how Rapunzel, Eugene and Mother (Gothel) are all coming to our house in "a couple while" or in "a long weeks" to have dinner with us
*Amaia's favorite song is the "I See the Light" song, from the movie Tangled, and she sings it every time it comes on
*Amaia is always mentioning that "that's the color that Heavenly fah-der made it-wasn't that nice of him?"
*If we ask Amaia to help us clean something, (like picking up toys), she will say "I'm too tired of picking up toys" and won't help
*On Sept 25th, Amaia gave herself her first self hair cut. It was an accident. I've been doing her hair with my flat iron a lot, so her hair just hangs down, and she loves to cut paper. I always make her do it over the trash can so she doesn't make a mess, and her hair fell in the way while she was cutting. It wasn't bad, and after we fixed it, she's got some nice bangs (see the picture up there!)
*If we say a word that Amaia doesn't know, she'll say "Don't say (that word)-that's not a very nice thing to say"
*Sometimes Amaia says things wrong, so I try to help her sound it out. If she's not in the mood, she'll say "No-that's not very funny-I don't want to say that"
*Amaia and I had a nice heart to heart about her making good choices so that she could be a good example for Solia, instead of a bad example. Now, every time I say "good job" for anything, Amaia will say "I be a good zample!"
*Amaia will say "beseft" instead of "except". Beseft, she'll use it in random places of her sentences, even when "except" isn't really necessary or make any sense (she still does this, almost a year later as I'm writing this super super late)
*Amaia's thing is, "Amaia goes with Daddy, Solia goes with Mommy". I don't know where we are going though.....
*This conversation happens a lot:
Amaia: Hey mommy, come look at this (fill in the blank)
Me (I look and say): Oh wow, Amaia, that's awesome/crazy/weird/etc
Amaia: What?
(like she thought I was talking about something completely unrelated and wanted to know what I thought was so cool)
*Every once in a while, when Amaia says something awesome, I write it in my phone to post in those "kids say the darndest things" blog posts. Well, it's gotten to the point that every time she says something that she or I think is funny, she'll ask "are you going to write that down?"
*If Amaia even hears the word "prayer" or "Heavenly Father" she thinks we are saying prayers and folds her hands as fast as she can

(free painting, and TP tube printing)

(awww, they so cute!)
*The girls like to hold hands and dance while Amaia sings the songs
*Solia gets really upset when Amaia leaves the room, like she's afraid she'll never see her again

(Shhh, Daddy's sleeping; a self-family portrait attempt, watching TV, a 'big Rapunzel kiss', and our pet snail)

(cuteness, jam painting, saying a prayer, in the stroller, and cup hog)
*If you ask Solia to do a summer sault, she'll flop over and slam her head on the ground, and then sit and wait for someone to push her butt up over. She finally managed to do her first real summer sault on her own by the end of the month, though.
*Solia will find any minuscule piece of fuzz or trash or food (or nothing) and hand it to you
*As soon as Amaia says "I gotta go potty" Solia takes off for the closest bathroom as fast as she can
*Solia didn't used to be ticklish ( you had to actually gnaw on her rib cage to get any laughs), but now she'll actually laugh if you tickle her
*Solia calls herself (and daddy) Dada
*Solia's starting to understand and follow more commands, like: close the door/drawer; put that back; let's change your diaper; bring me your blankey; spit it out; can I have it?; etc
 
Link to September's Video (YouTube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz9G2P8yqk

No comments:

Post a Comment