Thursday, August 23, 2012

September 2011-1st Half

(Our funky palm tree, my self inflicted hair cut, hot Justin, and a gross slug)
 

*Amaia is is SUPER copy cat mode. If you say something (new-ish) it will come out of her mouth in ten seconds or less
*Amaia will pick up anything long-ish (a tube, a ruler, a broom, a fork, etc) and use it as a gun. She'll 'bang' you and say "die!"
*Amaia will constantly say "GOOOOOOOoooood, good job" when you are doing something, even if it is something mundane like changing Solia's diaper, or reading a book.
*Amaia's been making up adjectives: sliney, flimpy, bonky, flompy, cutty, etc.
*Amaia likes to recount past conversations: "If I say (blank), then you say (blank)..." exactly as the conversation happened last time.
*Amaia is getting a little obsessed with death. She's always saying "If this happens" or "if I do this, then I would DIE."
*Amaia has started calling all kangaroos a "roosky" because that's what we call Solia's toy kangaroo.
*Every morning when the girls wake up, Amaia gives Solia a big hug and says "I LOVE Solia"
*Amaia has some strange names for candy: M&Ms are "nen a mems"; Candy Canes are "candy cans", and marshmallows are "marsh a lows"
*Amaia's gotten into this bad habit of repeating "what?" over and over, even when I'm in the middle of trying to tell her "what".
*Amaia says 'avagot' instead of forgot. For example, "I avagot my blankie"
*According to Amaia, she never actually goes to sleep at night. She just is taking a 'big breath' or a 'big break"

This is how we keep Amaia's burritos from unraveling on burrito night.

Yes, we tortured a slug. Yes we are horrible people. :)

Daddy and Solia. She has really warmed up to him!

*Solia gives kisses! Well, she'll at least slobber on your mouth.
*When I do my makeup in the morning, Solia either stands there 'begging' for me to put some on her, or she stands in between me and the wall and tries to push me away from it.
*Solia loves hats. Everything is a hat as long as it stays on her head.
*Solia likes to pull/yank/grab everything! Hair, arms, (boobs!), clothing, faces....
*Solia is constantly climbing onto our giant (yet highly cheap and unstable) TV stand
*Solia has learned to take off her diaper....
*Solia has moved on past the crying like a baby when she is upset. She's moved on to full out tantrums, and screeching and growling when she doesn't get her way
*Solia is finally getting attached to her Roosky and Blankie-she is always hugging them when I go get her from her naps
*Solia likes to help wash Amaia in the bath tub
*Every time Solia sees herself in the mirror, she gives herself kisses
*After she is done eating, Solia will stack her cup and spoon inside her bowl
*Solia (finally) got her first tooth on September 14th! It just barely broke the skin, but you can feel tooth, darn it!
*Solia is crazy obsessed with all the birds out back in the river. Ducks, cormorants, geese, swans, seagulls and pigeons all take their turns in our river and she loves to watch them, calling them "duh!" (ducks)
*Solia can follow basic commands, like "come here", "bring me that", "Can I have kisses?"

Look at how cute they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment